1. WHERE TO PURCHASE SPEEDTILES® ? Peel and stick SpeedTiles® are available in Canada at Home Depot and Rona, and in the United States at Home Depot and Cabinets To Go. All models are not available everywhere, please consult the product page to find out where you can find them.
2. ON WHAT SURFACES CAN SPEEDTILES® BE INSTALLED ? SpeedTiles® can be installed on any clean, smooth, leveled and primed surface (if drywall). Therefore, they can be installed over existing tiles if those meet the criteria’s mentioned above.
3. ARE SPEEDTILES® COVERED BY A WARRANTY ? Yes! Every SpeedTiles® product is covered by our 10-year Everstik warranty.
Learn more about it here.
4. HOW TO INSTALL SPEEDTILES® ? Click hereto see the installation videos.
5. WHY DO THE VIDEOS SAY TO USE A SPRAY BOTTLE FOR INSTALLATION ? We strongly suggest to use a 500 to 750 ml spray bottle, fill it with water and add 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) of mild dish soap. Spray lightly the back of the tile before you install it and spread the liquid on the whole surface of the tile with your hand. This will allow you to position them easily on your wall.
6. HOW CAN SPEEDTILES® BE REMOVED? The adhesive used on SpeedTiles® is very strong so once installed, they are difficult to remove without damaging the underlying surface. However, a wallpaper scraper is generally a good tool for removing SpeedTiles®.
7. DO SPEEDTILES® REQUIRE A SEALANT? Given the porous nature of stone, the use of a sealant is optional, but highly recommended for stone tiles. Any commercial stone sealant will do.
8. WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SPEEDTILES® CAN BE EXPOSED TO ? SpeedTiles® resist temperatures of up to 88 °C (190°F). Caution! For safety reasons, SpeedTiles® should never be exposed to a direct flame.
9. CAN I INSTALL SPEEDTILES® AROUND MY FIREPLACE ? If you wish to install SpeedTiles® around your fireplace, be sure to leave an edge of at least 3 inches from the firebox opening. This edge should be made of a non-conductive material.